Tucker Stenberg: 2016 Scholarship Winner

CONGRATULATIONS, TUCKER STENBERG! Tucker is another one of our Stockgrower Scholarship winners. He’s planning to attend Montana State University-Northern to major in Diesel Technology-Equipment Management. His goal is to work for a farm machinery company to build and design farm equipment and someday work on the family ranch. He earned a $2,000 scholarship.

tucker
Here are some excerpts from Tucker’s great essay on how this scholarship and his education will have a positive impact on the future of agriculture and rural communities. Well done, Tucker, and best of luck in your future. We’re proud of you!

“Growing up on a family ranch in a small community, I have learned firsthand the benefits of agricultural life. I am closer to my family because we have played and worked together. My parents have taught me morals and values that I am sure I will carry on into my future. …

“Through my experience in other organizations such as 4-H and FFA, I have gained experience in leadership and working with large groups of people. This experience has bettered my ability to be a good role model for generations to come. By furthering my education, I will be able to carry on for the next generation of agriculture. Statistics show that only 1% of the world’s population are farmers and ranchers and they are feeding the other 99% of the world. I hope to better the technology for farmers and ranchers so that they may continue achieving this goal. …

“For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to design and improve farm equipment. As younger generations get into agriculture in their community, they need to have the technology to carry on the family ranch or farm in an efficient manner. Giving farmers and ranchers more efficient, better equipment will allow them to hold the great goal of feeding the world.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s